Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Been Busy

I've been pretty busy lately. I've made quite a few things and it takes just as long, if not, longer, to put them on Etsy. I've really enjoyed being able to create though. I've bought a lot of beads lately. I love beads and shopping for beads. I'm really not much of a shopper. I hate shopping for most things but I love shopping for beads. I can walk through a store and will see a string of beads and just know what I want to make with them. The problem is that I went to two bead shops last week. We're not talking about Michaels or JoAnn Fabrics. This are high quality bead shops. It's all about beading there. I just couldn't help myself. I loved so many beads! I just walked through the shops and came up with ideas for all kinds of jewelry. Now I'm actually making it and putting it in my shop. I am thrilled with these beads! I got some rubies, jade and jasper beads that I love. You can find the results here, here and here. I really enjoy working with multiple strands of beads on one piece. I think colorful stone beads lend themselves well to this. I tend to use a lot of color and bigger beads more often then smaller beads and neutral colors. One of my favorite new things is the frog necklace. I love that little guy. It makes for a colorful and fun necklace and I got to use all glass beads. Glass is probably my favorite.

Beading has just become addicting. It takes time and patience but you get a beautiful product. I just love it! What do you like to make and/or wear? Anyone else enjoy beading? Do you make things that you enjoy but may not be totally "in style" or do you make what you know people will buy because it's the current trend regardless of how you feel about that trend?

No comments: