Monday, February 16, 2009

Spring is Coming

Today I made a tutu for Wilhelmina. She is my plush hippo that Nate got me for Valentine's Day. She's very soft and I just through she might like dressing up. So I made her a black, pink and purple tutu with some nice earrings and necklace. Pictures to come.

This past weekend I met another nice person on Etsy. She loves using lampwork beads like I do. Glass beads are so versatile. I love the bright colors you can get. Check out the greens in this necklace. They just go so well together.

One nice thing about making jewelry is that I can make whatever I want and not have to pay ridiculous prices. It also makes a slight problem. I don't seem to want to sell anything that I make. Everything that I have for sale, I'd like to keep. I don't make anything that I don't like. Then when it's time to say goodbye to it, it's harder than if I just made things I didn't like. It's something I've spent a lot of though and time on. It's a little part of me. I want to do good work but it's also personal. I guess what keeps it from being too hard is the fact that someone else likes it as much as I do.

Now I need to make some things.

No comments: